A Plumber’s Handbook
There are so many factors that play a part in plumbing. Merriam-Webster defines plumbing as
- the act of using a plumb.
- a plumber’s occupation or trade.
- the apparatus (such as pipes and fixtures) concerned in the distribution and use of water in a building.
- an internal system that resembles plumbing; especially :one consisting of conduits or channels for conveying fluids.
At Shamrock Plumbing, we sure do love every aspect of our jobs (except perhaps the gross parts), and we love sharing all the information involved in various projects and jobs. We’ve blogged a lot of information about plumbing in the past few years, and we’ve compiled them for you here as your one-stop-shop for plumbing tips, fixes, and information.
Plumbing DIY Fixes
- Troubleshooting Your Toilet
- Unclogging a Drain
- Types of Necessary Plumbing Tools
- Common Plumbing Problems
- Cleaning Your Plumbing System
- Leaking Pipe Fixes
We understand that calling a plumber to fix every problem in your home is probably not practical, so explore the above blog topics to see if you can maybe handle some of the easier problems yourself! Of course, if you can’t give us a call at 866-262-8007. We’ll fix your problem efficiently and effectively.
Water Purification and Softening
A lot of people don’t know what purifying and softening mean when it comes to their home’s water supply. We’ve had a lot to say about this in the past, starting from the beginning:
- History of Water Purification
- Difference Between Hard and Soft Water
- How We Purify Your Water
- Why Hard Water is Bad
- Benefits of a Water Purification System
- Benefits of a Water Softening System
Hopefully, after browsing some of these you’ll understand the difference, and how a purifier or softener can help you personally.
Preserving Your Plumbing System
Unless you live in an extremely old home, it’s probably not too late to begin methods which can save your plumbing from leaks and repairs in the future. We’ve compiled a lot of information on how to protect your home plumbing system, so check out our ideas to save you a lot of heartache and money!
- Cleaning Your Plumbing System
- Spring Plumbing Tips
- Summer Preparation
- Preparing Your Water Heater for Fall
- Winter Plumbing Tips
- Harmful Plumbing Things to Avoid
- Earthquake-Proof Your Plumbing
- Winter Water Heater Info
Like we said, there’s a lot of information about plumbing. Whether it’s water heaters, heated driveways, or just your regular plumbing system, here’s some additional information that you probably didn’t know about.
- Types of Shower Heads
- Electric vs. Gas Water Heaters
- Differing Pipe Materials
- Eco-Friendly Home Appliances
- Evolution of the Toilet
- Heated Driveways
- Different Kinds of Flushing Toilets
- Dual-Flushing Toilets
Wow, we sure do have a lot of information about plumbing. We are always trying to stay on top of evolving technology and new plumbing systems and styles. Though we understand you can certainly do some plumbing jobs yourself, as we’ve provided you with helpful tips and information, we also believe that only a certified plumber can do an excellent job that you can rely on. Shamrock Plumbing is always ready to answer your call and help fix your plumbing problem, so call us at 866-262-8007, and let us help you out!